3.04.2012

A Trip to Niagara Falls

Do you ever feel like you're so busy doing things but don't feel like you're actually accomplishing anything substantial? That's how I've been feeling lately. My days are spent working frantically in front of the computer organizing and coordinating and researching for events in our future and yet I feel like I have little to show for it. The days are starting to blend together and I'm like, whoa, it's March already?

But we did do some fun trips recently and I have photos to prove it. As mentioned earlier, Danny's family came to visit us Ben in February for ten days. We spent most of the time in Toronto but did make a trip out to Niagara falls to tip toe on some very slippery pavement and shield our faces from the sharp ice crystals showering down when the wind picked up. And it was fun!

Tim Hortons - an absolute necessity for this chilly day! 
Three generations in front of the falls.

My little trooper... didn't complain one bit!

Hanging out with Uncle and Aunty.

I'd been to the falls once before with Danny and his family had been there a few times too. However, none of us had seen Niagara at night before. We strolled up the craziness that is Clifton Street where we indulged in some wood fired pizza and then walked back to our car while admiring the lit up falls through our tightly pulled hoods.







We got absolutely soaked on our walk back. Luckily I packed an extra pair of pants for the drive home. Nothing like sitting in wet denim - yuck! 

I'm not sure when we'll travel to Niagara again but I'll always look back on it with fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment