11.15.2011

Three Year Anniversary

Last week was our three year anniversary. Normally we try to mark the occasion by dressing up in our pretties and celebrating with a night on the town but this year was a little different.

This year there were long work hours, runny noses and a very early flight the next morning to contend with. So instead, we ran across the street in the rain to grab a pizza, lit a bunch of little candles I had picked up from the dollar store that afternoon, and ate a mini cake I baked ... from a box. Real classy, I know. Definitely not the romantic dinner for two I would normally expect but you know what? ... I enjoyed it just the same.

Because at the end of the day it's not about the dress or the food or the gifts exchanged, but the person I get to spend all the 'non-special' days with.

Happy Anniversary Babe!

1 comment: