8.06.2011

Fulfilling a Life Long Wish

A few days ago, I was going a little stir crazy being indoors all day long so Danny suggested that we find something fun to do outdoors that evening, I began souring the internet for something fun (and cheap) and unique to the city. Then I stumbled upon...

A free outdoor screening of The Sound of Music.


Oh Maria, how we love you.


Are you kidding me? It was like a gift sent from the heavens. My entire life I've dreamed of going to an outdoor screening and the Sound of Music has to be one of my all-time favourites. I immediately started singing "The Hills are Alive" and "I am Sixteen" and prayed that Danny would get off work in time to make the 9:00pm start time.


Fortunately he finished in the knick of time and we walked to the park. It was absolutely filled with people. The sun was beginning to set and there was a warm breeze passing through. We grabbed a couple chairs near the back (not a fan of cramming in with the crowds) ate our sandwiches that Danny had picked up along the way, and took in the magnificent skyline.


Once the film began the crowds erupted into cheers. We all began singing along with Maria as she cascaded down the Austrian hills. I almost felts as if I were in a movie myself.


Pardon the poor iPhone quality photo.


My excitement didn't fade as the night went on. Although I was exhausted, I was so happy to have had the opportunity to experience this moment in time with so many people who enjoyed the film as much as I did.


A wonderful way to spend a warm summer night.


I honestly couldn't have created a more magical experience if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment