7.04.2014

Summer Citrus Salad

Preface Number One:  I'm not a vegetable lover. Apart from the occasional beet, carrot or cob of corn, I usually turn my nose up at the stuff. Now that I'm a parent I am especially aware that I must lead by example if I'm gonna get any veggies down my boys' gullets so I have to suck it up and pretend they're sooooo delicious!!!

Preface Number Two: I totally eat with my eyes. If something looks pretty I'm waaaaay more likely to try it. I also think that if a picture of food is beautiful that I'll magically become a domestic goddess and will create an exact replica of the dish, and it will be wonderful, and the dishes will magically clean themselves, and we'll all be doing a dance party in the kitchen whilst eating copious amounts of said delicious food.

So, with all that out of the way, feast your eyes on this!

Source

Source
Summer Citrus Salad
2 red beets
3 golden beets
2 grapefruit
2 lemons
1 fennel bulb
1/4 red onion
Walnut oil
Sea salt and pepper
1 bunch cilantro
1 head butter lettuce

Now lets pretend I actually made this salad instead of just salivating over the pictures and call it a day. I feel healthier already.

Okay, if you're really interested in making it, preparation instructions can be found here. 

Oh the cilantro!

No comments:

Post a Comment