2.02.2012

IDS12: Interior Design Show

Source

This past weekend we went to IDS12, an outing I had been wanting to do since my University days. However, the prospect of flying cross country on a student budget at the beginning of a new school term proved slightly inhibitive. But now that we live in TO, this year was a go! Better late than never, right? We packed up the stroller and headed to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre which is within walking distance from our place. No plane tickets required!

With over 300 exhibitors, I was sure we could find some sort of inspiration. Fortunately it did not disappoint. There were plenty of things to excite us and challenge our creative minds. Here are a few pics I snapped from the day.





Source
Source





Source

Another big draw for me was a talk given by and Tommy Smythe & Mark Challen. You may know Tommy from Sarah's House or Design Inc. Well anyway, these shows are often on during my morning routine and so I thought it would be really fun to see Tommy in person.  He was as cute and witty as he is on tv.


Overall it was a fun way to spend a Sunday morning/afternoon. So glad I was able to cross it off my little Toronto bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment