5.06.2013

May Mountain Picnic

I'm loving our new home and we're mostly settled in but I made a request this past weekend that we take one day off from our enormous 'to do' list and do something fun. It was the first warm weekend we've had all year and I did not want to waste it. No chores, no errands, no working from home, nothing. One day off... that's all I wanted. Luckily Danny agreed.


My favourite place to escape to is obviously our extended backyard, the Rocky Mountains, so we got up bright and early on Sunday morning, packed our bags and headed out west. Both boys slept as I hit the open road and soaked up the beautiful views. The sights never get old.

We stopped in at a local cafe in Canmore and picked up some soup and sandwiches to add to our half-packed picnic basket. Then we moseyed along to the Nordic Centre to figure out a place to enjoy our picnic. After a brief chat with the folks at the day lodge and a crisp new map in hand, we decided to drive to Barrier Lake.





Barrier Lake holds a lot of memories for me. Cousins playing in the bushes and filming our version of the Blair Witch Project, a trip with girlfriends fresh out of university looking for a place to wind down. And now I could add a family picnic on the first warm weekend of the year with my little family. It was so much fun.

I have a feeling we'll be making a lot more memories here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment