9.18.2012

Apple Crisp

Everyone knows it is apple season so I thought I'd share a recipe for apple crisp I made last week. I was actually in the process of of making it when some unexpected company stopped by (score 1 point for my inner domestic goddess). Ended up being such a hit that I had to wash the baking dish that night too. Read: We ate it ALL.



Modify as you wish...

Ingredients:
4 large granny smith apples - peeled and sliced
1 1/2 C brown sugar - packed
1 c flour
1 c oats - I used a bit more
1 1/2 sticks soft butter
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375'F
Place sliced apples on the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish
Combine sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnamon (should be a coarse meal)
Sprinkle on top of apples
Bake for 30min

Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice-cream.

We ate this up so quickly I didn't even have a chance to take a proper photo but it looked a lot like this one from Eco Chef.


No comments:

Post a Comment