5.18.2012

What a Whirlwind!

Well we just got back from a whirlwind trip back West and boy it was an eventful one!

First of all - we're not going to be homeless! As you know, I was getting very frustrated with the process of finding a house and things were not looking up. In fact, one of two pre-arranged viewings cancelled while were were mid-flight leaving us with only one single viewing. Fortunately it turned out that the one viewing was all we needed. Time to go furniture shopping!

We also had a great time visiting with friends and family. It was our first trip back since Ben was born so a lot of people hadn't met our little guy in person yet. It was so nice to see people doting and cooing over him. I mean, we're all in love with our own child but when other people share the same sentiment it really pulls on a mom's heartstrings.

During this trip we also contracted one of the nastiest gastro bugs in my recent memory. I'll spare you the graphic details but just know that it was plain vicious. I got it first and was totally down for the count. Danny got it the next day so we were both out of commission. I am so grateful that we had family around to take care of our Ben (and keep him somewhat quarantined from us) ...so grateful in fact that we shared the damn bug with them too. So sorry! Luckily Ben seems to have escaped it. I cannot imagine what it would be like watching our little guy suffer so much. I know he will get sick eventually, but I still want to protect him from any sort of illness as much as I can.

Consequently, my very first Mother's Day was by no means what I imagined it to be but at least we spent it together as a family. Hopefully next year will be better.

Now we're back home, or at least what we'll call 'home' for the next few weeks. The long weekend is upon us and we have a great forecast ahead. Hoping to get outdoors and enjoy the beginnings of a very fun and exciting summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment